Our goal is to keep chat a safe, and welcoming place for all of our users. In order to do so, please keep in mind of the guidelines below which need to be followed in chat at all times.
- All basic rules still apply, but here's them in a chat scenario:
- No inappropriate language - On our wiki, we do allow some use of profanity, but not inappropriate language. Young kids may come to chat for starters, plus using inappropriate language can make other users feel uncomfortable, or not welcome. We have a three strike policy. Warning, Kick, Ban, But there are four words that will get you banned right off the bat. Nobody is allowed to say c**t, pu**y, both of the N-words, or ret***d, otherwise they will be banned on the spot.
- No disturbing/inappropriate topics - As said above, talking about disturbing topics can make users feel uncomfortable, or not welcome.
- Be careful with giving out personal information - A lot of times in chat, users get a conversation going with an online friend of their's, and while this may be entertaining, we advice that you be careful with sharing personal information, because who they say they may be, might not be true.
- Do not offend, scare, or put down other users - This is one rule we take very seriously. Our chat is supposed to be a welcoming, safe place for everyone, but if you're offending, scaring, or putting down other users, it's probably not going feel safe, or welcome for them.
- Keep spam to a minimum- You may have a fast computer that can handle spam, but for other's, it may lag, or even crash their computers. Plus, it also disrupts chat, and can easily clutter it up. So, some spam is allowed as a small joke, but not too much. If a Mod, Admin, or Bureaucrat, says to stop, stop. Also, NO space bar spam. That lags chat more than anything else.
- Accept the opinions of others - Some users may share theories, or just opinions on different things. We ask that if you disagree with anyone's opinion personally, to either be nice about it and agree, state in a polite way why you disagree, or just not say anything at all. Politics is allowed to be discussed, just everyone has to be respectful towards each other.
- Listen to chat moderators/administrators at all times - If a chat moderator/administrator has requested you to do something or not to do something, please comply with their instructions, or it may result to be warned, kicked, or even temp-blocked from chat.
- Roleplaying IS allowed - Unlike most wikis, role-playing is allowed in public chat, but if a Mod, Admin, or Bureaucrat says to stop, it must stop.
- If you have been banned from this Wiki, DON'T MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT (in some places, this is called ban evasion). If another person thinks that you did it and has proof to show it (genuine proof that actually helps the case and is relevant), not only will you will be infinite banned from that account/other accounts you made, you will have your IP address blocked.
- Chat Mod Guidelines
These are the guidelines for how chat moderators and admins will conduct themselves in chat:
- Be a leader. You're not in charge of the chat, but are leaders of the chat. Set the example by having great conversations and supporting users. The ideal chat mod is a facilitator, someone who is encouraging and helps people feel supported and empowered.
- Be friendly. As a leader, you set the tone for the channel. If you're friendly and welcoming, others will follow your lead. If someone is acting rude or confrontational, react calmly and politely as you enforce the rules.
- Assume good faith. Users of all skill levels and opinions will participate in chat. Even if someone makes a mistake, they are still likely trying to be a positive part of the discussion. Assume that mistakes are made out of good intentions, not malice.
- Ban with care. Banning someone from chat is rarely the first option. If a user has problematic behavior, encourage them to improve the behavior before you resort to banning them.
- Be willing to ban your friends. If your friends act out and continue to do so after all the warnings, you must be willing to ban and keep the ban in place until it runs out. No unbanning them after a few minutes, the ban must run out.
- Listen to those with higher ranks. If an admin or Bureaucrat bans or kick someone, do not question their judgement or unban the said person.
- Keep it fun. Chat should be fun for everyone, including you! If you find yourself getting stressed, it's always okay to take a break. Chat should be a place where you too can relax, enjoy yourself, and help others have a good time.
- Also, Keep in mind, that chat mods can be demoted for bad behavior as well. If you act out and get banned with a ban length longer than 2 hrs, you will lose your chat mod rights.